The 16th International Phytotechnologies Conference (IPC) to be held from 23-27 September 2019 in Changsha, China.
Since 2004, the IPS’s annual conferences have been an opportunity for research scientists, engineers, industries, practitioners, landscape architects, and horticulturists from all over the world to present recent advances and applications in the fields of phytotechnologies. Phytotechnology represents a set of strategic uses of plants and associated microorganisms in managed landscapes to address environmental issues and provide ecosystem services. The 16th IPC will have the opportunity to explore and discuss how recent developments in phytotechnologies address current and emerging environmental challenges, and for eco-environmental and food safety.
Original contributions will be presented in plenaries, parallel sessions on dedicated specific topics as well as poster sessions. Some of the conference symposia will cover:
- Phytoremediation of metal contaminated soils and food safety
- Processes and remediation of organic pollutant contaminated soils for food safety
- Stabilization and phytoavoidation of heavy metals for food safety
- Wetland plants and waste water treatment
- Recycling and eco-engineering of organic wastes and biosolids
- Biomass and renewable bioenergy
- Nanotechnologies, plants and environmental remediation
- Phytotechnologies for eliminating global climate change
SIMBA partners from UNIPR will be at the conference to present their paper on Design, formulation and optimization of plant-promoting microbes for their use as microbial consortia inoculants